
I mentioned earlier in the week that in the past, I only shopped at one store- Stop & Shop- the one my mom had shopped at when I was a kid. It was familiar and comfortable.
It also happened to be the most expensive grocery store around- I just had no idea.
Directly across the street from that Stop & Shop is another little grocery store. I had to drive by it every single time I went shopping. They have a huge signboard advertising their sales. One day, it caught my eye.
BONELESS SKINLESS CHICKEN BREAST- 1.29/lb
I kind of thought it was a mistake, but pulled in anyway. It was NOT a mistake. Roxie's has GREAT prices... .49 bananas, carrots 2/.79, romaine lettuce, .79 a head.
Oh, and all of their meat and produce? Fresh. Delivered every, single, day. Oh- and it comes from local places.
I don't do all of our shopping there- just meat and produce. But I save about 50% going there- and get a much better product.
My flexibility has spread beyond Roxie's. In the past, it never would have dawned on me to buy eggs at Walgreens or cereal at CVS, but sometimes I do, and save a ton of money doing it.
I try not to shop at a million stores in one week, because it's not practical, but I often visit 2, sometimes 3, over the course of a week. It sounds like a pain in the bum, but it's not. Because I have a plan ( I read the circulars, made a list of what to buy, and have my coupons in my hand), I am in and out very quickly- even with 2 babies.

2 comments:
go roxie's,but I also remember you and AMy making fun of me for buying food at CVS when they started their grocery section. Then it was a case of sanity instead of having to go to Stop and Shop. I think it included soup and bread?!
I like to do my shopping a WalMart--because it's a highly entertaining ugly parade in my neck of the woods
Post a Comment