So out of curiosity, what kind of shopper are you right now? Has it changed lately? What do you feel like you need to learn to graduate to the next level?
Oh well, usually I H-A-T-E coupons. But I found that my fav grocery store "kroger" really makes it easy to print out coupons and to print out a shopping list from their websites, with their weekly ads. That has helped. Although I WOULD love to never pay for toothpaste again, like the pros! But shopping with 3 kids in tow, sometimes 4 prevents such boisterous activities!
I'm the egocentric one!! I personally think I'm a bargain shopper in every aspect of my life - including car and home purchases. Blaming my degree in Economics on this - I need to maximize the value of my dollar!!!!
I'm trying to learn or teach myself that I don't need to buy stuff even if it's a good bargain. This pertains mostly to groceries...but it's also so much fun for me!!
I know some tricks but I also think I could do better. Part of my deal is that my hubby does 75% of the cooking at our house due to our opposite work schedules and he can't always cook from scratch.
I belive that I used to be a sophmore shopper with perusing the ads and trying to get the best deals through ad matching and such. But I believe that I have been able to graduate to the next class (Junior) through my studious effort of following advice received here and in other forums in regards to getting good deals at the grocery store, including when and where to use my coupons for the best deals. I am actually starting to build quite a little food storage and that is awesome!
Sophomore here. I know some tricks (and frankly sometimes forget to use them!). I will also NEVER be able to be a PRO deal finder b/c of where I live. SOOO rural. I have two stores to chose from in a 100 mi radius. Neither store doubles coupons. The closest CVS or Walgreens is 2 hours away. My goal now is to build supplies. Since suddenly losing my job, our food supply is week to week, just like our money. I am unsure how to build a supply (and still get all my other weekly needs and a variety of foods) within my 'small' budget. Honestly, when all is said and done I spend $200+ on groceries (including things such as diapers, wipes, shampoo...). So this NEEDS to decrease as well.
Katy, How do you organize your coupons? I'm having a hard time finding what I need, or overlooking a coupon for a sale item. I'm sure there is a better system than my dollar-store coupon holder thingy.
8 comments:
Hi Katy! I wanted to drop you an email but can't seem to find contact info. If you don't mind could you send me your email?
cchristianson at hotmail
Thanks!
Oh well, usually I H-A-T-E coupons. But I found that my fav grocery store "kroger" really makes it easy to print out coupons and to print out a shopping list from their websites, with their weekly ads. That has helped. Although I WOULD love to never pay for toothpaste again, like the pros! But shopping with 3 kids in tow, sometimes 4 prevents such boisterous activities!
I'm the egocentric one!! I personally think I'm a bargain shopper in every aspect of my life - including car and home purchases. Blaming my degree in Economics on this - I need to maximize the value of my dollar!!!!
I'm trying to learn or teach myself that I don't need to buy stuff even if it's a good bargain. This pertains mostly to groceries...but it's also so much fun for me!!
I know some tricks but I also think I could do better. Part of my deal is that my hubby does 75% of the cooking at our house due to our opposite work schedules and he can't always cook from scratch.
I belive that I used to be a sophmore shopper with perusing the ads and trying to get the best deals through ad matching and such. But I believe that I have been able to graduate to the next class (Junior) through my studious effort of following advice received here and in other forums in regards to getting good deals at the grocery store, including when and where to use my coupons for the best deals. I am actually starting to build quite a little food storage and that is awesome!
Sophomore here. I know some tricks (and frankly sometimes forget to use them!). I will also NEVER be able to be a PRO deal finder b/c of where I live. SOOO rural. I have two stores to chose from in a 100 mi radius. Neither store doubles coupons. The closest CVS or Walgreens is 2 hours away. My goal now is to build supplies. Since suddenly losing my job, our food supply is week to week, just like our money. I am unsure how to build a supply (and still get all my other weekly needs and a variety of foods) within my 'small' budget. Honestly, when all is said and done I spend $200+ on groceries (including things such as diapers, wipes, shampoo...). So this NEEDS to decrease as well.
Katy, How do you organize your coupons? I'm having a hard time finding what I need, or overlooking a coupon for a sale item. I'm sure there is a better system than my dollar-store coupon holder thingy.
I've menu planned and based my menus around the store sale flyers for years, but I'm just now adding coupons into the mix. So, Sophomore-ish?
Post a Comment