So, my husband went to work today with PB&J on fresh bread (I figured out how to make it work with regular flour), home made yogurt, an orange, and some cheese puffs our neighbor brought over for the kids last night (score!).Here's the weird thing- instead of being all proud of my Suzy Homemaker lunch, I was like, "Um, we ran out of bread, and yogurt, so I had to make it. I'm sorry." What's UP with that? I need to get over my lack-of-store-bought shame.
Tonight, I'm working, so Grandma and Dad will have the kids. On those nights, I try to have something easy all made up in the crock pot. I threw together a variation of this recipe. I don't have the peppers, so we'll just have to deal.
We are almost out of fruits and veggies (Duh on the fruit, I can't BELIEVE I used all those veggies), but I get my second CSA box tonight- so we should be good. Pray for fruit.
For those who have asked what CSA is- it stands for Community Supported Agriculture. Basically, you buy produce direct from local (or in the winter, not so local) farms. We like to support local business whenever we can, especially in a crappy economy, so that's why we're doing this- I like that the produce is organic, that's cool, but it's not our primary motivation. To find a CSA near you, check out Local Harvest.

5 comments:
Hi! I love your blog! Could you add one of those blogger subscribe thingies so people can add you to their blogrolls? I would be eternally grateful. ;o)
Thanks! Gotchya on my homepage now!
How did you make your homemade yogurt? I'm thinking of using Stephanie, the crock pot ladies recipe but have received dire warnings of imminent death to such a method. I'm willing to face death in the eye if it means using something I already have (crock pot) to make something I buy regularly and eat daily (yogurt).
~ Katie
www.xanga.com/firewillconsume
Katie- That's the recipe I use! :)
Hey Katy - here's a RiteAid coupon I thought you might want to use/share!
http://www.cheapcheapcheap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89136
Post a Comment